Through the grace of God and the generosity of others in our community, we are able to offer grocery assistance to those in need. Recipients receive a weeks worth of groceries, based on the number of persons in their household. We are able to offer such assistance four times a year as a general rule.
To receive assistance recipients must do the following:
- Present at The Salvation Army between 9:00 am and 11:00 am or 1:00 pm and 3:30 pm Monday, Wednesday, or Friday.
- Have with them an up-to-date Michigan picture id for the head of household
- Have with them a social security card for everyone living in the house
- Reside in our service area
- Meet with a staff member for a brief intake assessment before receiving assistance.
For more information, please call 269 684 2660, or email [email protected]